To Moms, Military Spouses and Soldiers

I just watched a very inspirational and moving clip from the Movie “Facing the Giants.” I found it here: I was so moved by the coach's, well, coaching, that I thought it would be helpful to many of us who are facing deployments, or to those who are going through seemingly insurmountable trials. I know I have been there many times, where I just didn't think I could go another step without some help. I was certain that I would fail and by failing, disappoint so many around me; people who were counting on me to uphold my part of the situation.

I have been through two deployments, and many months of separation from my best earthly friend, my sweet Bear. I have known, but haven't always felt the presence of my Heavenly best friend, my Lord Jesus Christ.

If you are a child of God, he is your coach, He is your cheering section, and He is your support system. You can do it; you can make it through when life seems too much to bear, and when people try to discredit what you are going through.
For those of us who have been through a deployment, it is hard; the not knowing, the nights when you lie awake because you heard terrible news on the TV or radio and it leaves you wondering. The separation is hard; you miss your spouse, your helper, your sweetheart, your friend. The difficulty is compounded by the motor failing on the washing machine, the toilet overflowing because someone flushed a toothbrush, and the just opened box of Cheerios dumped on the carpet.

But you can, through Christ, do all things. Paul is a great example in times of trial. He went through some amazing difficulties too, yet through it all God is sovereign and He will be with you. In Philippians chapter 4 it reads: Vs 11 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. 12 I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. 13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me. (emphasis mine)

That is the key, the final phrase of that text, it is only through Him, Jesus Christ that we are able to make it through the trials, the hardships, the loss. If He is your Savior and if you have put your trust in Him fully, not relying on your own strength or works, but His strength and His finished work of the cross, He will see you through to completion. He will be there through the trials and be your bulwark, the fortification and your safeguard, your defense.

Romans 8:31 If God be for us, who can be against us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sprouted Whole Wheat Bread

4-H Modeling and the Wardrobe Malfunction

We have orders