Hurdles


I had been on the phone with the mortgage company and was feeling rather stressed. I was slamming things around in the kitchen and immediately my mind went to the decadant cream filled cake still in the fridge.

"Self medicate, self medicate" it said. Boy there was an internal battle of wills going on here, between the Fat Girl, the Skinny Girl inside of me and that darned chocolate cake. I needed to feel its creamy goodness sliding over my tongue. That would make me feel better about the mortgage phone call, sure it would.

"No it won't, don't let others' negative attitudes sabotage your good day." Skinny Girl replied.

"But I need to just have a bite of it, just a small slice," the Fat Girl said.

"No!" the healthy, just-walked-a-mile Skinny Girl replied. "That's it!" Skinny Girl grabbed the cake and mashed it into the garbage can, right on top of a poopy diaper. "Just try and dig it out now!"

Fat girl can't breathe, her heart is racing, I need cake! Give me cake.

Skinny Girl is having a cup of tea instead.

Comments

Marybeth Whalen said…
Wow! I have a fat girl and a skinny girl living inside of me too! I just got back from a run just to give skinny girl an edge. But fat girl is already thinking about lunch...

Add to that the 10 yo Suburbans and the broken computers and we might as well be twins separated at birth!! Ü

I hope that you have a better day-- and that your computer, car and mortgage problems get cleared up soon!
Carol said…
Girl, you are cracking me up! This is SO me. I am such an emotional eater. Something bad happens and I say "I deserve that." The bad thing is when something good happens I say, "I deserve that" too! There has got to be a spot somewhere in the middle where I say "Yummy, green salad." I'm still looking for that spot.
MaryLu said…
Carol, I can't ever get to that point, "yummy! green salad!" Oh that is a laugh!
Hilarious. :) Why is it I can relate SO well???
Lelia Chealey said…
That is so funny!! Thanks for sharing such a funny outlook on the battle I have within me. I threw a block of fudge away last week & had a stress-filled day. I even threw it away unwrapped so I wouldn't be tempted to dig it out. I will never tell what happened next...
Real Life Sarah said…
How hilarious!! Go Skinny Girl!!! That'll show her.

Popular posts from this blog

Sprouted Whole Wheat Bread

4-H Modeling and the Wardrobe Malfunction