Back from FTX

I have absolutely the best husband ever!

He just returned from 3 days and 2 nights in the field, he arrived back at his barracks three hours past his usual bed time; tired, cold and dirty. Did he take a shower first? No. Did he throw his laundry in for a spin? No. Did he check his emails? No. He called me. He called me three hours away to hear my voice, to tell me he loves me and to talk to the kids. How sweet is that!

A little over twenty years ago, I was smitten by a ruggedly handsome guy in my college choir class; he had black hair and the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen. This drop dead gorgeous guy sat right next to me. We were introduced and I knew then that I couldn't live without him.

I still can't. God has completed me in him, where I am flighty, he is constant; when I want to spend, he wants to save; when I'm impatient, he is like the prophet Job. He is all the good things that I am not. We were made for each other, we fit together, and we are both better for the union.

To my Bear, I love you!!

Comments

Kimberly said…
Okay, okay, you can say your husband is the greatest, and I will say that mine is and we will just both be happy knowing that we are actually both right. God picked out who He knew would be the greatest man for each of us! :)
I love hearing someone talk about what they love about their man instead of trashing him.
I so love my husband. I thank God for him!
May He continue to richly bless your marriage!
Hope you are still feeling well after visiting my sick post! hee hee
Love and Blessings,
Kimberly
Laura said…
Sweet post! My kids think my husband and I are like teenagers as much as we are on the phone when we can't be together. I loved hearing how he called you first, and the joy he brings to your life. Isn't it wonderful to have husbands who care so deeply for us!
Have a great weekend!
Laura
Jennifer said…
That is so sweet! I just found your blog and have enjoyed reading it this morning. I'll be back to check it again, you can drop by mine if you get a chance! I am also a mommy to 6 wonderful blessings!

Jennifer :-)
Anonymous said…
Isnt it great to find your "one" that God has so preciously picked for you!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Sprouted Whole Wheat Bread

4-H Modeling and the Wardrobe Malfunction