Contrary Comments

Yesterday was the first full day of summer break, and we had errands to do. I went several places with all the kids in tow, 5 of them, two in the double stroller, and three walking beside me. We went to the PX, the bank and the commissary, then my beloved Wal-Mart! (Hehe!) I know that 5 kids may seem like a lot to some people, it must, everyone kept commenting. "Are these all yours?" "Wow, you have a full house, don't you?" "You must be a busy mom."

I kept thinking, why don't we ever hear comments to the contrary, "My goodness, don't you have any children?" "Wow, your house must be empty!" "You must sit around and eat bon-bons all day, with no children to raise!"

Comments

wouldn't that be a change. :-) i have to admit...any time i notice a mom with probably 4-5 kids or more...most of the time I think...

"wow, how did their parents teach them to be so well behaved?"
I am so thankful for my family. They are my greatest blessing.
Keri said…
lol, that made me laugh out loud!

Yes, I wonder why we never hear comments like that? Maybe because it would be RUDE? Just like it's rude to gawk at the large family walking through Walmart ;) Sheesh!
Joanne said…
People say that to me and I've 'only' been blessed with THREE!
I have several friends with many more than that (and twice as many as yours!) ... now that justifies the comment "are they all yours"!

In Christ,
Joanne

Psalm 127:3Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. 4As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. 5Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.
Anonymous said…
I'm third of 11. I wouldn't do without a single one of my siblings, and Mama knows she's blessed!

A classic answer to the "Are these all yours?" question: "Nope. This is just some of 'em!"

--One of Joanne's friends :)

Popular posts from this blog

Sprouted Whole Wheat Bread

4-H Modeling and the Wardrobe Malfunction