Tuesday, April 21, 2009
I hung my clothes lines today. In honor of this springtime rite of passage, I'm reposting the rules, for those of you who don't know them already...
1. Wash the clothes line before hanging any clothes. Walk the length of each line with a damp cloth around the line.
2. Hang the clothes in a certain order and always hang whites with whites and hang them first.
3. Never hang a shirt by the shoulders, always by the tail. What would the neighbors think?
4. Wash day on a Monday...........never hang clothes on the weekend or Sunday for heaven's sake!
5. Hang the sheets and towels on the outside lines so you can hide your 'unmentionables' in the middle.
6. It doesn't matter if it is sub zero weather.............clothes would 'freeze dry.' (Too wet in my part of the world!)
7. Always gather the clothes pins when taking down dry clothes. Pins left on the line are 'tacky'.
8. Hang the clothes up so that each item does not need two clothes pins, but share one of the clothes pins with the next washed item.
9. Clothes off of the line before dinner time, neatly folded in the clothes basket and ready to be ironed.
10. IRONED?????????? Well, that's a whole other subject. I'm off to play with Boo...