Wanda died last week

I was reading Proverbs chapter 31 the other day and was thinking, oh yeah, if I had servant girls, I could get all that done in one day too. Because the proverbs 31 woman had maidservants and I didn’t, I named my appliances so that I could feel like I had “servant girls” working for me too. I have Drucilla the dryer, Christine the crock-pot, Minnie, the microwave, Denise the dishwasher, (sorry my Dear Friend!) Olivia Oven, Brenda blender, and poor old Wanda the washing machine.
My original Wanda, (17 years old) died last year, and was replaced amazingly enough by a lady of the same name. She is not new working for me, but had a one-year warranty, as she has had some operations in the past to fix this or that. She worked fine for me up until about 3 months ago when during her spin cycle there came a terrible screeching noise. I ran and shut her off and waited. I had a full load of laundry in the tub, sopping wet. How was I to get it all spun out if I didn’t just run it? So I did, ignored the screaming and finished the load. I ran the next load on a different cycle, permanent press instead of regular and low and behold she was working again. So I just shrugged it off as a fluke, temperamentally speaking. She was working again, so all was right with the world. Fast forward to last week.
I was washing bedding, two mattress covers and one blanket. I thought that I had washed them this way before; they were all white and needed bleach, so I thought they would be perfect in the load together, wrong. When the load was done, they were still sopping wet, they had been spun, but it wasn’t enough to get out all the water. I ran the load again, same thing! Ugh! What was I to do; I can’t afford another repair, another huge expense!
I walked the load over to the neighbor, who had said I could use her machine if ever I needed it, (I think this qualifies.) Sure no problem says she and promises to return them when they are done. Meanwhile, a few days later, I got to thinking, well, the load did spin, just not enough to get all the water out, well, I’m just going to use the darned ol’ machine until she gives out entirely. So, I loaded her basket up again and cranked it up. Perfect load, just fine. I did another, just the same, nearly dry clothes, she was working again!! God had healed Wanda! It wasn’t until later that I discovered that my neighbor couldn’t get the “white bedding” load to finish either, she tried everything, finally had to split them up and wash the offending blanket separately.
So I guess Wanda didn’t die after all, and there is a moral here, if you want your servant girls to work hard for you, you’d better give them their proper portions, blankets together and mattress covers separately.
Proverbs 31:15
She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sprouted Whole Wheat Bread

4-H Modeling and the Wardrobe Malfunction

We have orders