The first finish was Robby's Winds of Sodor quilt. It's made from strings and crumbs--wonky log cabin style. It's the second in a series of three quilts for my boys' room.
The back of Robby's quilt has a train panel given to me by a friend who knows I quilt. I added extra wonky log cabin blocks around the perimeter of the panel. We now have a sort of two-sided quilt.
I quilted it in a overall swirl pattern. It's interesting to see the improvement in my quilting. That first wonky log cabin is, well, quilted, but not good at all.
You can see the stitching better here. Robby says it looks like wind.
Bonnie Hunter's pattern Bargain Basement from her book Scraps and Shirttails.
Cabin Fever Florida quilt guild. It's called Cabin Fever in honor of the their 2010 BOM pattern. I added block borders from Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville and the penultimate border is also from Bonnie Hunter.
The last little project before the end of the year were these little mug rugs. I didn't get pictures after the binding was put on, I gave them away too quickly. I kept the one on the bottom right for myself. They were designed in the style of Bonnie Hunter's tiny tree pattern with a variation or two--strip pieced on old phone book pages.
I haven't kept track of fabric used or purchased, though I haven't bought much this year. While I worked at the LQS the year before, I bought enough fabric then to keep me quilting for a while.
It's been fun going back to see how I've completed projects. Last year I had 25 UFO's, and I finished around a dozen. Now I have 41 UFO's. Somethings' the matter with my math!