Am I so mean that you had to do this?


I took this picture yesterday of my new roses. It's a Jackson & Perkins variety called Rock and Roll. I love the red and white variegated petals. They remind me of a peppermint geranium I had as a young girl.

I try and make the best of the crummy ground in which I plant my garden. And I hate it when those around me don't seem to care about their yards.

Yesterday I kindly asked the neighbor tween-age girls who were hanging out at the end of the driveway if they would please pick up the trash they left lying around the yard. I even provided them with the garbage can.

Then I asked them to not hang out at the community mailbox so that the neighbors could easily come and get their mail.

And now this is the thanks I get. Someone yanked all the blossoms off my roses.

Dear Neighbor Girl, I hope the thorns poked your naughty little fingers.

Comments

Carissa said…
Oh, I'm sorry...shame on whoever did that.
Cheri said…
That is just awful! It's so sad that when you're trying to teach youth things they SHOULD ALREADY KNOW, this might be the result.

Just keep trying though - you are doing the right thing.
Me said…
That's so disappointing! I am glad you got a picture of the beautiful blooms before it happened.
Laura said…
that is terrible! I would be so upset!! Looking forward to seeing you this week!
Joanne said…
Jesus says:
Matt 5:44But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Sounds like these girls need prayer!

Maybe your roses will grow back bigger and better :)

In Christ,
Joanne
Totallyscrappy said…
Urg!!
(You have to come over and see the chore charts you inspired.)
fawndear said…
So feeling your pain. In my case it's my kids destroying the blossoms and not the neighbors. My two year old loves playing, 'he loves me, he loves me not,' which she got from her favorite movie 'The Little Mermaid.'
At least she hasn't taken to picking the neighbor's flowers as well.
I've never seen that rose before - It's amazing!
Jenny said…
Oh that is bad! Maybe they will feel guilty and come talk to you...maybe!
Carol said…
Ouch! That stinks!
Sara Horn said…
Oh, that is so frustrating I know! I had some beautiful yellow lillies that grow in the spring in front of our house, near the walk up to the front door. They had bloomed and looked so beautiful, I had to take some pictures. Two days later I noticed that every single one had been popped off their stems, actually cut! My neighbor friend said another neighbor is notorious for seeing pretty flowers in someone's yard and taking them for her dining room arrangement. Gurr. People can be so thoughtless and mean.
Kimberly said…
Sigh. That was just senseless murder of gorgeous flowers!

I smiled when I saw your name in my inbox today. :) I love all of your quilting. I would love to learn to quilt some day!

Hope you enjoy being all bundled up! And I pray for a healthy fall and winter for your family. I think you and I kept passing the flu and other junk around last year!

Blessings,
K :)

Popular posts from this blog

Sprouted Whole Wheat Bread

4-H Modeling and the Wardrobe Malfunction