A week of bundts.

Bundt cakes remind me of fall for some reason.  My daughter says it's the shape--that they look like pumpkins.  Maybe that's it.  I think it's because of the warm spicy flavors and smells I associate with those recipes.  That and the reference to to one of my favorite movies. My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002), where Toula’s mother doesn’t know what a bundt cake is and she “fixes” the hole in the cake with a potted flower."Ohh! It's cake!!"



Every morning for the past few days I've made a different variation of the humble bundt cake. I made a pumpkin, then banana, then apple.  Today I wanted quick, so I pulled out an old recipe that I got from two different friends almost 20 years ago. 
Here's my altered version:

Fruit Cocktail Cake
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbl vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 qt home canned fruit, juice included, (older is better)

Preheat oven to 350, grease and flour your favorite bundt pan. I just ordered this beauty from Amazon!

Cream butter and sugar together until light.  Add eggs one at a time and vanilla, then beat for a few minutes until creamy yellow.
Sift dry ingredients together and set aside. 
Open the fruit and add to the creamed mixture, alternating with flour, carefully beating after each addition.
Pour into prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes until skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
Turn out onto a cake pedestal and dust with powdered sugar when cool.
Enjoy!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sprouted Whole Wheat Bread

4-H Modeling and the Wardrobe Malfunction

We have orders